- Apple is rolling out its all-new iOS 17 in India today.
- Find out if your iPhone model is eligible for the iOS 17 update.
- Here is a step-by-step guide on how to prepare your device for the iOS 17 update, emphasising the importance of creating a backup before installation.
Apple is preparing to release the final iOS 17 upgrade today, which will be available to iPhones worldwide. The upcoming iOS 17 from Apple is designed to operate on the iPhone XS series and newer models. This software upgrade introduces an array of exciting features for compatible iPhones, such as Live Voicemail, interactive widgets, the ability to utilise Siri during phone calls, Standby Mode, Contact Posters, and numerous other enhancements.
The iOS 17 will start rolling out at 10.30 pm in India today (September 18). So, if you also want to download and install the latest OS update, here’s a quick guide on downloading the iOS 17 update.
Which devices will receive the iOS 17 update?
With the release of iOS 17, Apple will discontinue software support for the iPhone 8, iPhone 8 Plus, and iPhone X. iOS 17 is, however, still compatible with the iPhone SE (second generation) and all iPhones introduced in 2018 or later.
Here is a list of iPhones compatible with ios 17:
- iPhone XS and XS Max
- iPhone XR
- iPhone 11
- iPhone 11 Pro and 11 Pro Max
- iPhone 12 and 12 mini
- iPhone 12 Pro and 12 Pro Max
- iPhone 13 and 13 mini
- iPhone 13 Pro and 13 Pro Max
- iPhone 14 and 14 Plus
- iPhone 14 Pro and 14 Pro Max
- iPhone SE (2nd generation)
- iPhone SE (3rd generation)
How to Prepare Your Device for the iOS 17 Update
Apple suggests backing up your iPhone before installing the new operating system. While the likelihood of data loss is negligible, it is a preventative measure. When you connect your iPhone to electricity and Wi-Fi, it usually backs up automatically. If this function is disabled, click on Settings > Your Name > iCloud > iCloud Backup, and then press ‘Back Up Now’ to create a backup.
Follow these steps to begin downloading iOS 17:
1. Launch the iPhone Settings app.
2. Navigate to General > Software Update.
3. Select ‘Download and Install’.
4. Tap Install to update right now.
5. Alternatively, pick ‘Later’ and then ‘Install tonight’ or ‘Remind me later’.
6. If you select ‘Install Tonight,’ connect your device to a power source at night, and it will update by the next morning.
7. Enter your passcode if prompted.
After selecting ‘Download and Install,’ a loading bar with an anticipated download time will appear. Simply restart your smartphone after the download is complete and wait for iOS 17 to install.