- Apple rolls out iOS 15.5 and iPadOS 15.5 for its iPhone and iPad users
- iOS 15.5 will be available for all iPhone models which were launched after the iPhone 6S
- iPadOS 15.5 will be made available to all iPad Pros, iPad Air 2 and later along with iPad Gen 5 and later, and iPad Mini 4 and later
Apple has rolled out its latest OS update for iPhone and iPad users as iOS 15.5 and iPadOS 15.5 respectively. This is the 5th major update given to the iOS 15 and iPad 15 since they were launched in September of 2021.
The OS 15.5 updates come after almost two months of the launch of iOS 15.4 and iPadOS 15.4. Though it is not a massive update it does comes with few key features.
Going by the support page on Apple’s website, the iOS 15.5 includes enhancements to features such as Apple Cash, Apple Podcasts, and other bug fixes whereas the iPadOS comes with improvements to Apple Podcasts and bug fixes.
IOS 15.5: How To Update And Key Features
If you have been an Apple user, you would not need any step-by-step guide as to how you can update the OS on your device, however, for others, we have got you covered.
One can download and install iOS 15.5 on their iPhone models which were launched after iPhone 6S and the iPod Touch Generation 7. The software is free and can is available via an OTA (Over The Air) update.
To update to the latest version head over to the Settings option on your phone then click on General and the Software Update.
Some of the key features iPhone and iPod Touch users will see are:
- iOS 15.5 update enables Apple Cash customers to send as well as request money from their Apple Cash Card via the Wallet app.
- Users using Apple Podcasts will get a whole new setting which will let them limit the episodes that are stored on their device. It also automatically deletes older episodes.
- The update also fixes some bugs including the issue where home automation would sometimes fail when triggered by people arriving or leaving has been fixed.
- In iOS 15.5 another issue will be fixed which would cause the iPhone SE (3rd Gen) to shut down unexpectedly.
- The iOS 15.5 update will also come with 25 security fixes, which the firm claims have not been actively exploited as of now.
IPadOS 15.5: How To Update And Key Features
The iPadOS 15.5 update is now available to all users in possession of iPad Pro models, iPad Air 2 and later devices, iPad Gen 5 and later devices, and iPad Mini 4 and later devices.
Some of the key features iPads users will see are:
- iPadOS 15.5 will include the same setting which has been introduced in the iOS 15.5 to Apple Podcasts, where a limit has been set for the number of episodes stored on your iPad and older ones get deleted automatically.
- The iPadOS 15.5 will also have a few bug fixes, however, the support fails to mention the specific bugs.
- Similar to iOS 15.5, this update also consists of security fixes, so it is best to install the update as soon as possible.
All the users who will be eligible will be notified of the update, however, if you do not get a prompt for the update you can follow the above mentioned guide to update your Apple devices to the latest version of OS.
The California tech giant has already started working on iOS 16 as per reports, so Apple users can assume it to be the last major update to the iOS and iPadOS 15 operating systems.
iOS 16 is expected to launch on June 6 at the Worldwide Developers Conference.