While Apple users eagerly anticipate the upcoming wave of features and enhancements in iOS 17, the concern for iPhone 11 users is obvious. Will their devices be a part of this exciting evolution? Millions of users worldwide use the iPhone 11, 11 Pro, and 11 Pro Max. Now the question is if Apple will live up to their expectation and will these users be provided with long-term software support for their devices.
In this article, we will discuss some frequently asked questions about the impact of the iOS 17 launch on the iPhone 11 series.
Will The iPhone 11 Series Receive The iOS 17 Update?
Yes. Apple offers the most comprehensive support for its products compared to other smartphone brands.
- The iPhone 11 Pro Max, iPhone 11 Pro, and iPhone 11 will be updated after the launch of iOS 17. The same will also be applicable to all the iPhone versions launched after iPhone 11. However, phones launched before the iPhone 11 will not receive any updates.
- Also, iOS 17 may be the final iOS version update for the iPhone 11 series, as Apple will likely stop supporting the iPhone 11 model once it launches iOS 18, much as it did with the iPhone X.
When Will The iOS 17 Update Arrive For The iPhone 11 Series?
Apple spilled the beans about the iOS 17 launch at the WWDC 2023 event. Even though the new version has been announced, the launch date still remains unknown.
- It is believed that the release of iOS 17 will coincide with the introduction of the iPhone 15 series in September.
- We may anticipate iOS 17 to come out in September in the same manner as the previous five iOS updates.
- After Apple releases iOS 17 and the iPhone 15 series, the iOS 17 update will begin rolling out to all iPhone 11, iPhone 11 Pro, and iPhone 11 Pro Max users and for all other iPhone versions launched after that.
- Generally, Apple launches an update for all its phones simultaneously, and you can anticipate that all the iPhone 11 models will also receive an update on the same day as the iPhone 15 launch.
Here are some key takeaways for all the iPhone 11 users:
- The iPhone 11, 11 Pro, and 11 Pro Max are all eligible to receive the iOS 17 update, which is expected to be released in September 2023.
- The iOS 17 update may be the last major update for the iPhone 11 series, as Apple typically supports its phones with software updates for five years.
- However, even if the iPhone 11 series does not receive any more major updates after iOS 17, it will still receive security updates for several years to come.
In other words, the iPhone 11 series will be able to run iOS 17 and all of its features, but it may not be able to run future versions of iOS, such as iOS 18 or iOS 19. However, it will still be a secure and reliable phone even without the latest software updates.
Other Salient Features Of iOS17 That You Can’t Miss
At the WWDC 2023 event, Apple clarified everything it intended to include with iOS 17. The most recent iOS release won’t significantly alter how iPhones look, but it adds new capabilities that will impact how you use your iPhone. The following are some of the key features of iOS 17 that can alter your iPhone experience:
Contact Posters: You can make a contact poster for yourself so that when someone calls you, they will see you on their iPhone’s calling screen.
iMessage Apps In One Location – iMessage apps can now conveniently be grouped together in one location.
Other Messages capabilities: Apple has disclosed additional Message capabilities, including check-in, catch-up, swipe to reply, search filters, share and view locations, and listening to an audio message.
You can now record a video or voice message when someone misses your Facetime call.
StandBy: Your iPhone now has a new StandBy mode that will show a clock, media playback, real-time activity, and more while charging.