Are you tired of locating a charging station while driving? Apple’s most recent iOS 17 upgrade is expected to alter how electric car drivers navigate their journeys in the future. Given the growing importance of sustainable mobility, the all-new iOS 17 update is designed to help users find an electric charging station while driving. So, whether you’re an experienced EV user or just starting to explore environmentally friendly transportation, this new update can make it easier and more convenient for people to drive electric cars.
The iOS 17 update that is expected to launch between September 13 and September 21 will allow EV owners to access real-time charging station information.This will allow EV drivers to find a charging station when needed without wasting time driving around looking for one. Apple’s most recent iOS 17 beta release has some fantastic features specifically designed for EV owners. Let us now talk about the smart charging station locator feature that will help EV owners locate electric charging stations:
Smart Charging Station Locator
To use this feature, one must have an iPhone or iPad that runs on iOS 17 and Apple Maps installed on their devices. Here is how this feature can benefit the EV users:
- As soon as you update to iOS 17, Apple Maps will prompt you to choose your preferred charging network, such as Electrify America, Chargepoint, and Tesla’s Supercharger network.
- Apple Maps launches when you make your selection. It will then show you the number of available charging spots at a station and how many of these stations are currently being used. Thanks to this real-time information, you can now avoid the trouble of arriving at a station only to discover it is full.
- The app knows the charging plug your electric car requires, so it will only show you charging stations that match your car’s specific plug type.
- EV users can also set up alerts to notify them when they are nearing a charging station.
So, if you are already looking forward to using this feature, then follow the below-mentioned steps to get started:
- The first step is to open Apple Maps.
- Click on the search bar and type “electric charging stations”.
- Apple Maps will then show you a list of charging stations near your current location.
- You can tap on your preferred charging station to see more details, such as the number of available charging spots and its charging plug.
- If you want to set up an alert, tap on the “+” button in the top right corner of the screen.
- In the alert settings, select the charging station you want to be notified about and choose how far in advance you want to be notified.
This feature will not only help EV owners find charging stations but also avoid long queues at these terminals. With the new iOS 17 update, your iPhone will become your dependable travel companion.
What Makes This Technology Truly Unique
The fact that Apple Maps is now aware of the socket your electric car needs to charge is one of the nicest things about this technology. Here is what makes this technology so unique:
- This is the first time Apple has integrated with charging networks to provide real-time information on the availability of charging stations. This will help EV owners in getting the most accurate and up-to-date information.
- EV owners can now find charging stations in other countries as long as Apple Maps supports them.
- This feature will help EV owners locate charging stations compatible with their electric car’s specific charging requirements. This is important because not all charging networks are created the same. Some networks have faster charging speeds than others. By choosing their preferred network, EV owners can create the best possible charging experience.
- EV owners can also find charging stations that offer discounts or other incentives.
- The Smart Charging Station Locator feature will also be aware of the charging plug your electric car requires and will suggest charging stations that match your car’s specific plug type.
- Finally, users can set up alerts to notify them when they are nearing a charging station. This will be a helpful feature, as it can help one avoid running out of battery power.
This recent capability is, however, only available for some electric car models, like the Porsche Taycan and the Ford Mustang Mach-E. You’re in luck if you happen to own one of these models. However, this technology will include more models in the near future. This update will be a game-changer for those who use CarPlay in their vehicles. As per the latest update, iOS 17 will be released to the general public following the launch of iPhone 15, which is anticipated on September 12 or September 13.
With the ability to quickly find charging stations, EV owners can now enjoy a stress-free journey as iOS 17 is here to transform the game of electric driving experience completely. This technology will be a major incentive for all EV users looking forward to sustainable driving technology. With the new iOS 17 update in beta mode, your iPhone is all set to become your go-to travel partner, offering everything from simple charging station discovery to a renewed sense of self-assurance while travelling!